Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chinese New Year Holiday



After one week at home. i need to go back to Bandar Utama, a crowded city. So sad, but it was the reality that i have to face, to succeed in life and achieve my dreams and hopes as well as to make my parents proud of me i need to sacrifice a lot of things, be a persevere girl...........


During the holiday, i considered it as a short time at home, i didn't do anything. Did some of my homework and also went to the aborigines village to take some footage for my group's documentary. the village is called kg. Sungai Berua, quite near from my village. I went there with my brother by motorcycle and also my neighbour. It was better to go with my father as he knew some people there but he couldn't go, he went to fishing at Tasik Kenyir with his friends. My father likes to fishing very much.


It was the first time i went to an Aborigines village. As we reach there , all orang asli looked at us like we were guilty. We felt awkward about the environment and tried to make it as a normal. May be it was typical aborigines to look at the people who were different from them. I took some videos about their life, the condition of the village and also what were they usually did during their leisure time. What was impressed me, their house were made up from concrete, so we could say that they have already developed compared to the past time.


Although their life have changed, they have difficulty to find water supply, they still washed and bathed at the nearby river. The way their dressing, i think it was still the same , did not change a lot for some of them, the kids just played around naked and the adults wore what Malays called it, 'Kain Sarong'. I looked at them pitifully, they lived in poverty in this modernisation century.

Authorities should take the responsibility to curb this problem. They deserved to live like us, no discrimination at all.


After two or three hours , we returned home. I was not totally satisfy because i did not get an opportunity to interview them , they were shy, ran away went i tried to approach them but it was better as long as a i took some videos and pictures. I got a new experience from this.I think, that was my main purpose to went back home , the rest of the days, i just stayed at home, watching television and spent time with my family members. A boring holiday ......huhu.

No comments:

Post a Comment