Thursday, January 15, 2009

For the second post i would like to write about my life after i had registered at KBU international college. I was very grateful because my old friend Athira also got the same offer so that i can be with her at the college. i am actually a quiet person, so it is hard for me to know others or be friend with people in a short period. I need a time to adapt with a new environment, whatever or wherever the condition was, particularly when i was alone there, without knowing others.


During the registration day, we had been given speech by the principal of KBU international college and also JPA's representative about what we are going to learn, our duty as a JPA's scholars and also about accommodation.Then, they informed us where we will stay. We were divided into two different place, one was staying at the hostel and the other one was in a luxurious student house even a working people were unaffordable to live there.Unfortunately,Only a few students who need to stay at the hostel including me, while Athira will stay at the student house, it was very lucky for her.


At the first time, i was quite disappointed as i need to stay at the hostel instead of leaving in the house that everyone was eager to stay but finally i realize that there were many advantages that i can get by staying there, the hostel is nearer from the college compared to the student house, the students who lived there can go to the college by foot meanwhile those who lived at the students house need to go to the college by the van early in the morning in spite of the class started at 11 or 12 o'clock. Besides it is also easier for us to eat or buy anything at the nearest shop. On the other hand, we got to know students from other country like Korea, Sudan, China and Iran as most of them were staying at the hostel, i can improve my English as well by communicating with them and also learned how to socialize with the foreigners.

Before i entered my room,i really want to know who was my roommate and i thought that i can meet her but when i went there, i saw no one. My family need to go back early as my father need to drive for a long journey again, so they leaved me although they were worried as i stayed alone. I was sad at the time i saw my family's car lost from my vision but i tried not to cry and talk to myself, from this day, I'm promise to be a strong girl and not to give up easily.



The next morning, at the orientation session, all new students gathered at the main hall.The emcee of this session was Mr. Al, our Islamic and Malaysian studies lecturer. After a short briefing, we were divided into several groups based on the place that we sat. Then we were introduced to some of our seniors. Most of them were good students that have been chosen by the lecturer among the seniors.In the group, we got to know each others more, about where we were came from and also our previous school. My group members mostly come from different states , from the best schools and that make me scared to compete and to stand the same level with them. The orientation day was very exciting and it was a memorable memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment